SUGAR Cosmetics Matte As Hell Lipstick Crayon Review, Swatch, FOTD
By Rati Tehri Singh
I got this Rule The World Box from Sugar Cosmetics. I have tried their eye kohl before and still use it. So I was looking forward to trying out their lip crayons. Honestly, I never expected myself to fell so heads over heels in love with these. The texture is top class. I have tried all of them. My top favourites are the red and the n*de one. They are perfection in my book.
Price : Rs 799/-
Available at sugarcosmetics.com
There are 4 shades in the range :
- 01 Scarlett O’Hara : A stunning statement red lipstick. It’s a bright tomato red color. Would work for all skin tones.
- 02 Mary Poppins : A cool toned fuchsia. This may not work for all skin tones but if you like a statement pink lipstick, it could be your pick.
- 03 Poison Ivy : A gorgeous deep wine color. Perfect for medium to dusky skin tones and an absolutely great winter color.
- 04 Holly Golightly : A pretty earthy rose lipstick. For a lot of people it would be my lips but better. I am absolutely obsessed with this one.
- Gorgeously matte. They have a lovely powdery matte finish to them that makes your lips look smoother.
- Are creamy and glide on easily on lips.
- Super pigmented. Two swipes and you get a full on opaque coverage. you could also pat these on lips and use as a stain.
- They feel almost nothing on lips. You apply these and you almost forget that you have anything on your lips.
- Stay on for at least 4-5 hours and the stain stays until you remove the lipstick with a makeup remover.
- Transfer very little.
- These build up very nicely. In fact I always go thrice or 4 times to make them looks super bright. Plus they are so creamy, I forget when to stop.
- Are not hydrating but I did not find them to be drying or uncomfortable on lips.
- Do not accentuate fine lines of lips. But by rule, always use matte lipsticks on well exfoliated lips or they’d catch every single flaw.
- Survive the full meals easily without the need for touchups afterwards.
- I like that these are sharpenable pencils and the sharpener comes along with. But for some it may be a con because sharpening leads to product wastage. I don’t mind it because I like working with a fresh tip every time.
- Love the simple clean design and the fact that the tips are coloured. So they are easy to store and locate.
- Do not have any smell or taste to them.
- I also like that there are fun names to these lipsticks.
- The brighter shades of the lipsticks smudge especially after you eat a full meal. So you definitley need a lip liner underneath to keep the lipstick in place.
Overall, I am so so obsessed with these lipstick crayons. I have sharpened the red lipstick twice and n*de on thrice already. Highly recommend it these if you are a matte lipstick lover.
01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red)
02 Mary Poppins (Fuchsia)
03 Poison Ivy (Wine)
04 Holly Golightly (Nude)
This post first appeared on the Indian Makeup & Beauty Blog (here) and has been reproduced here with permission of the author. For more beauty tips & advice from the author, keep up with her on www.makeupandbeauty.com and follow her social media here: Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // YouTube